Step By Step InstructionsDo you need light tents and studio light kits to take detailed pictures of rings? Rings look good on both White or Black Foto-stages, it all depends on the look you need.
Here are the instructions:
1. Set up a white Foto-Stage on a window sill, click here for instructions.
2. Set your camera to auto/macro with Flash off
3. Use the high gloss floors for some nice shadows and reflections. The top left ring was made to stand up on a tiny bit of white 'blu-tac'.
4. Take a few shots, try different angles and select the best ones.
Here are some examples Shots taken in low Light, on a white Foto-Stage. If you do not have enough lighting, this is not a problem, even photos as dark as these can be used by adding light in instant Picasa. Picasa is free and costs nothing compared to buying studio Lighting.
5. Import the pictures into Picasa and add light as needed. Here are the finished shots